BIND 10 is the next generation of BIND, the most widely-used DNS server on the Internet. BIND 10 is a five year development project, beginning year four on 2012-04-01. BIND 10 1.0.0 for the Authoritative server is here!
- For more details on the contents of the release: http://bind10.isc.org/wiki/ProductionRelease
- To download the release: ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind10/1.0.0/bind10-1.0.0.tar.gz
- The development release is at : ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind10/1.1.0beta2/bind10-1.1.0beta2.tar.gz
- To discuss your testing with the bind 10 user community: https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind10-users
Easy installation directions are on the Installation Start Page.
The component status page describes the status of the various parts of the system.
If you are...
Communication & Collaboration
- BIND 10 Announcement list - low-volume e-mail list, mostly release announcements
- BIND 10 Users list - e-mail list for BIND 10 users, currently very low volume
- BIND 10 Developers list - e-mail list for BIND 10 developers, gets several posts a day about BIND 10 development details
- BIND 10 DHCP Developers list - e-mail list for discussions specific to DHCP development
- BIND 10 Jabber room, xmpp:email@example.com, where the BIND 10 developers hang out
- NewsMedia - articles about BIND 10
- The ISC Blogs have a BIND 10 category
- Presentations - presentations about BIND 10
- Scrum Scrum resources - more about the agile methodology BIND 10 uses.
- DesignDiagrams - design diagrams
- SystemComponents - components
- CodingGuidelines - coding guidelines / style guide for development
- GitUsage - Usage of git for BIND10
- Benchmarks - benchmarks
- CodeReviewProcedure - process by which code is committed to the trunk
- ChangeLogDetails - what the BIND 10 change log looks like
- TestingRecursion - ideas for functionally testing recursion
- HookUseCases - use cases for hooks
- BrokenBuilds - current problems with the build farm
- TestEnvRequirements - requirements for test environment for BIND10 DNS and DHCP, that could also be reused for ISC DHCP4 and BIND9.
- DhcpValidation - our plans for DHCP validation (including Kea and ISC DHCP4).
- The release roadmap page describes plans for upcoming releases
- FiveYearPlan - the overall, 5-year plan for BIND 10
- Year1Deliverable - what we released with the first year's deliverable
- Year2Milestones - high-level milestones for BIND 10's second year
- Year2Deliverable - expected contents of the second year's deliverable
- Year3Goals - goals for the project's third year
- Year3Plan - plan to deliver the project's third year goals
- Kea - BIND 10 DHCP
- AuthoritativeOnly - notes about the authoritative-only server
- DataSrc - notes about Data Source backends
- DDNSDesign User Stories for DDNS
- IdeaDump - collection of BIND 10 ideas
- BIND9Features - existing BIND 9 features for reference
- UserInterfaceSessions - notes from information gathering sessions we had about the User Interface
- HistoricalNotes - go here if you want to see some old pages
- Terminology - the jargon we use for BIND 10
- SystemSpecificNotes - installation and other help for specific operating systems or distributions
- ExternalTesters - how we try to work with external testers
- RRTypes - list of Resource Record types supported by BIND 10
- (Bi)Weekly DNS Conference Calls
- DNS Sprint Planning Sessions
- DHCP Sprint Planning Sessions/Weekly Conference Calls
- Past Sprints
- Current Sprint
- High Level Sprint Summaries
- Ideas for Google Summer of Code 2011
- Program Plan for the Alpha and Beta User Test Programs
- Notes for administrators of this site
- Information on adding a new BIND 10 team member's accounts
- Bundy, the BIND 10 Mascot!
- Information on the External Tester program
- UserStoryRepository Please share your user stories here
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.