Ticket #3212 (new defect)
Cannot build on Windows
|Reported by:||bitdav||Owned by:|
|Component:||Unclassified||Keywords:||windows build compile install|
|Sub-Project:||DNS||Feature Depending on Ticket:||Build and Install Bind 10 on Windows|
|Estimated Difficulty:||0||Add Hours to Ticket:||0|
- There is still no documentation / user guide for building Bind 10 on Windows as of this time.
- The only documentation which contains the keyword "Windows" is just the following statement: "It is planned for BIND 10 to build, install and run on Windows and standard Unix-type platforms."
- There is a folder "win32utils" I've found in Bind 9 distribution, but not sure why it's removed in Bind 10.
- I've searched for this on Google, still no related information could be found... it seems that nobody has successfully built Bind 10 on Windows as of this time.
- Since there's no Bind 10 binary distributions for Windows, building from source is the only way ...
- All of the "Client" editions of Windows don't have a DNS server, so Bind 10 is very very important for any Windows users that require a DNS server ...
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.